President: Velma Brown
Nova Southeastern University
Rachel M. Williams, PhD, CCC-SLP
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
President: Nikia Hollenkamp Rudd
University of Maryland
Old Dominon University
Southern California Affiliate member, Soloris Green, spreading the word of NBASLH at a recent California State University, Los Angeles, NSSLHA event.
Southern Illinois University Carbondale Affiliate has been busy this fall.
- Several group members will volunteer in the Boys and Girls Club of Carbondale throughout the Fall semester for Saturday Morning Therapy.
- Several members will volunteer that the DeaFest which will be held at John A Logan College May 1, 2014.
- Several members will volunteer in informational stations for World Voice Day on campus April 16, 2014.
- Members will volunteer in the Student Recreation Center basketball intramural game for individuals with disabilities, held every Tuesday on campus.
- Several members will volunteer at the Rehab Care Center once a week to increase exposure to individuals receiving rehab in a facility while enhancing the resident’s social interactions.
- Members will volunteer in the Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders on campus every Wednesday, and as available, in Wham.
- Members will host informational stations on campus for awareness months such as Rett’s Syndrome, Stuttering, ADHD, and Autism.