The mission of the National Black Association for Speech-Language and Hearing is to maintain a viable mechanism through which the needs of black professionals, students and individuals with communication disorders can be met.
The National Black Association for Speech-Language and Hearing is the premier professional and scientific association addressing the communication interests and concerns of black communication science and disorders professionals, students and consumers. The association is the model for other organizations addressing the concerns of diverse populations.
Purpose of NBASLH
- Promote an increase in the number of Black speech, language and hearing professionals;
- Improve the quality of service delivery to Black individuals with communication disorders and differences.
- Promote research that contributes to the body of knowledge on the identification, diagnosis and treatment of Black individuals with communication disorders and differences.
- Solicit and provide financial support for the training of Black students in communication sciences disorders.
- Solicit and provide mentoring support of Black students and professionals in communication science disorders.
- Be an advocate for Black individuals with communication disorders and differences.
- Disseminate information to the public on communication disorders and differences specific to the Black community.